Register and verify your company in Facebook Business Manager
In order to get access to WhatsApp Business API you need to register and verify in Facebook Business Manager.
Stage 1. Sign up for Facebook Business Manager
First, register on Facebook Business Manager. To do this, follow this link. If you are already registered, just select your company and go to step 2, if not, create an account. To create a Business Manager account, you will need a Facebook profile.
1 - Open page
2 - Click create account
3 - Enter your company name, your name and work email address, and then click «Next»
4 - Add your company details and click «Submit»
Initially, enter truthful information, which you can later confirm. Facebook is very sensitive about the accuracy of the data and can block your account if it sees something suspicious.
Stage 2. Verification in Facebook Business Manager
Facebook is verifying partner companies and a verification process is required to access the WhatsApp API.
Fill in information about the company
First, you need to fill out the form in the "Business info" section, through the "edit" button. Indicate the data that you can further confirm and legally substantiate.
Next, we pay attention to the status of the company. If the status is "Unverified", then go to the "Security Center" section by clicking in more detail or through the control panel.
In the "Security Center», pay attention to the item "Business Verification Status". If the button is active for you, click on it and proceed to uploading the authentication documents. If not, follow the instructions below.
According to Facebook policy, not all companies are required to be verified, so in some cases the "Start verification" button will be inactive. To activate it, a company must claim access to certain products and features. To do so:
1. Open a new window in your browser and paste into the address bar: https://developers.facebook.com/. In this page will create a new application. Do not close the previous window.
2. On the right side of the screen, tap "Login".
3. Enter your Facebook username and password in the form.
4. Click the "Get Started" button in the upper right corner and create a Facebook Developers account.
5. Fill in your information.
6. Instead of the "Getting Started" section, the "My Applications" section will appear.
7. Click on My Apps and you will automatically be taken to the Facebook for Developers area.
8. Click on the "Create app" button.
9. Select the Business Integration Management option.
10. Fill out the form and click Continue.
11. Go through the security check.
12. Add the "Login via Facebook" application. To do this, click on "Set Up".
13. Select "Web" as the application platform.
14. You can skip the following steps that Facebook suggests. Go to the "Dashboard" tab on the left side of the screen. You do not need to do anything else.
After that, the "Start Confirmation" button will be active.
Facebook verifies the legal validity of the company. It is not always required, but for connecting WhatsApp business API is a must. What will Facebook check and what documents will be required?
1 - Official company name.
You need to show that your company name in Facebook Business Manager and the official company name are valid, the following documents are applicable, which you will need to upload to the opened window.
Articles of incorporation, certificates of incorporation, tax statements, bank statements.
What doesn't fit:
Invoices, purchase orders, website screenshot, other internal materials such as company flyers, letterhead, etc.
It is important that it be an official document, and that it not be issued by you or your company, but by another (preferably governmental) party.
2 - Address and phone number in your profile.
Utility bills, such as phone or electric bills, bank statements, registration certificates from any level of government, such as real estate registration, you can request an extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities.
What doesn't fit:
Accounts drawn up by you or your company, a screenshot of a website, contracts with counterparties not government level.
Then choose one way to contact you: call or email. Facebook responds faster by email. To speed up the process even more, use domain email. To do this, confirm your company's domain.
You will receive a confirmation code, enter it and your application will be accepted.
Within a few days you should receive a positive confirmation status for your company.