WhatsApp buttons. 3 ways to add interactivity to communication with customers
Every business strives to establish communication with customers, and the anthem of our time is: "the simpler the better." Everything strives for maximum optimization and simplification. It is only necessary to overcome the threshold of "extra effort" and the client may feel insufficiently motivated to make a purchase. That is why it is so important to be able to work with WhatsApp buttons, which will make the user's experience in communicating with you smoother, more interesting, and, of course, leading to purchases.
Let's look at the tools for setting up interactivity, which are substituted for today and the features of working with each.
Method 1. Text messages with code phrases
This is the very first way to add interactivity to communication with customers, which was available to developers and businesses in WhatsApp.
Everything is quite simple here, you send a message to the client in which you prescribe possible answers. The client reads the message and responds with a prepared code phrase, after which the bot or other communication automation platform responds to the message by script. Most chatbots that are not connected to the WhatsApp Business API still use this method. Boot-menu and visual constructor in the Chat API personal account can work on the same principle.
The method is quite working, but after getting acquainted with the WhatsApp Business API buttons, it no longer seems so convenient for the user experience.
Method 2. WhatsApp Business API Buttons
With the introduction of the WhatsApp Business API on the market, new features have also appeared. Among them are buttons for interactive Business API responses.
As you can see, the buttons are sewn-in response options, clicking on which the client can get additional information or perform a certain action.
To work with buttons, you also need to learn how to work with templates. We wrote about it in great detail here.
WhatsApp Business API buttons are divided into 2 types – "Call to Action" and "Quick Response".
- Quick response is used to provide information on popular or expected questions from the client.
- A call to action offers the client to perform one of two possible actions:
- Request a call - the phone number will be sewn into the text of the button, by clicking on which the call will be made.
- Go to the address - by clicking on the button, a link to the website / video or other material that you specify will be clicked.
- No more than 20 characters per button;
- You can't use emoticons;
- No more than three buttons in a quick response and no more than two in a call to action.
Documentation on working with buttons can be found here. You can find out how to instantly connect WhatsApp Business API here.
Method 3. Message List
One of the most interesting ways that opens up significant opportunities for the development of interactivity of communication, as well as scenarios of interaction with customers, is "List Messages". In our documentation, this section is presented as follows.
What is a "Listmessages"?
This is very similar to a miniature FAQ sheet sewn into the message. After receiving your message, the client can click on the "List Messages" button (the name can be any), after which the user will receive a list of 10 options \ options in response, choosing one of them, the client will continue to learn new things about your business or specify his application, it all depends on what exactly you write in the options.
Moreover, interest in this tool increases when we learn that it easily cooperates with the buttons that we described above. Read more about this in the original article and in our documentation.
Features of use
- Users cannot select more than one option at a time from the list, but they can go back and reopen the previous message.
- Messages with a "list" cannot be used as notifications (outgoing template messages that initiate communication with users). Currently, they can only be sent within 24 hours of the last message sent by the user. If you try to send a message outside the 24-hour window, you will receive an error message.
- Supported platforms: iOS, Android and Web.
We hope you have learned something new from this article and it will help you in your projects. Success in all matters!