Viber. Creating a chatbot
Terms and definitions
Viber chatbot is a Viber program implemented through a public account, with which the user can interact, communicate to achieve any goal.
Public accounts are specially created public accounts for communication and interaction with customers (including using chatbots). A special case of public accounts are public chats, where a group of people communicates.
Viber link is a special link for opening a contact, chatbot or other resource in the Viber application. It starts with a special prefix viber://. For example: viber://pa?chatURI=hello2bot.
The process of creating a bot in steps
1 - Go to the development site: partners.viber.com. You must have the Viber app installed on your smartphone beforehand;
2 - Enter the phone number and log in;
3 - Viber will send a confirmation code, enter it, click "Next";
4 - Click the "Create bot" button and fill in the required fields:
- Account Image - Upload a 400x400 image that will be displayed in the profile of the public account and as an icon in messages;
- Account Name – The name that will be displayed in the header of the bot;
- URI - Come up with an identifier by which you can find the bot;
- Category - Choose one of the 7 main categories;
- Subcategory - Select from the list the subcategory in which your bot will function;
- Language - Select the primary language;
- Account Description - Describe the bot being created in more detail;
- Website Address - Optionally specify the address of your website;
5 -At the bottom we tick the acceptance of the agreement and click "Create".
6 - After that, you will receive a token for Viber authentication. Copy and save it.
7 - Enter account_name and the received token into the bot creation card on the Shop2bot platform: