Verification of the company to connect WhatsApp Business API. Step-by-step analysis
To access the WhatsApp Business API, you need to pass verification in Meta Business Manager. Verification is the process of confirming a number of Important Meta requirements. For example: compliance with the principles of WhatsApp policy, confirmation of the address, organization name and number.
Presumably from September 2021, the need for business verification to access the WhatsApp Business API will be canceled or simplified, but verification will remain an integral element for providing broader functionality to the WhatsApp Business API, as well as for the status of an official Business Account.
Let's consider the verification process step by step
Stage 1. Registration in Meta Business Manager.
To get started, register on the Facebook Business Manager website . If you are already registered, then just select your company and go to stage 2, if not, then create an account. To create a Business Manager account, you will need a Facebook profile.
1-Open the page;
2-Click create an account;
3-Enter the company name, your name and work email address, and then click "next";
4-Add information about your company and click "submit". Enter the truthful information that you will be able to confirm in the future. Facebook is very sensitive about the reliability of data and can block your account if it notices something suspicious.
Stage 2. Verification in Meta Business Manager
First of all, you need to fill out the form in the "Company Information" section via the "Edit" button. Specify the data that you will be able to confirm and legally justify in the future.
Next, we pay attention to the status of the company. If the status is "Not confirmed", then go to the "Security Center" section by clicking "View Details" or via the control panel.
In the "Security Center», pay attention to the item "Business Verification Status". If the button is active for you, click on it and proceed to uploading the authentication documents. If not, follow the instructions below.
According to Meta policy, not all companies are required to be verified, so in some cases the "Start verification" button will be inactive. To activate it, a company must claim access to certain products and features.
The procedure for creating an application in Meta Business Manager (does not work at the moment):
1. Open a new window in your browser and paste into the address bar: https://developers.facebook.com/. In this page will create a new application. Do not close the previous window.
2. On the right side of the screen, tap "Login".
3. Enter your Facebook username and password in the form.
4. Click the "Get Started" button in the upper right corner and create a Facebook Developers account.
5. Fill in your information.
6. Instead of the "Getting Started" section, the "My Applications" section will appear.
7. Click on My Apps and you will automatically be taken to the Facebook for Developers area.
8. Click on the "Create app" button.
9. Select the Business Integration Management option.
10. Fill out the form and click Continue.
11. Go through the security check.
12. Add the "Login via Facebook" application. To do this, click on "Set Up".
13. Select "Web" as the application platform.
14. You can skip the following steps that Facebook suggests. Go to the "Dashboard" tab on the left side of the screen. You do not need to do anything else.
After that, the "Start Confirmation" button will be active.
Upload of identification documents
Meta verifies the legal validity of the company. It is not always required, but for connecting WhatsApp business API is a must. What will Meta check and what documents will be required?
1 - Official company name.
You need to show that your company name in Meta Business Manager and the official company name are valid, the following documents are applicable, which you will need to upload to the opened window.
Articles of incorporation, certificates of incorporation, tax statements, bank statements.
What doesn't fit:
Invoices, purchase orders, website screenshot, other internal materials such as company flyers, letterhead, etc.
It is important that it be an official document, and that it not be issued by you or your company, but by another (preferably governmental) party.
2 - Address and phone number in your profile.
Utility bills, such as phone or electric bills, bank statements, registration certificates from any level of government, such as real estate registration.
What doesn't fit:
Accounts drawn up by you or your company, a screenshot of a website, contracts with counterparties not government level.
Then choose one way to contact you: call or email. Facebook responds faster by email. To speed up the process even more, use domain email. To do this, confirm your company's domain. You will receive a confirmation code, enter it and your application will be accepted.
Within a few days you should receive a positive confirmation status for your company.